Thursday, May 17, 2012

My First Mother's Day!! :)

My "first" Mother's Day weekend was a weekend I will never forget.   

The weekend started off with our first doctor appointment!  This was the appointment where we got to see our baby for the first time. It was a moment I will always cherish sharing with David.  Seeing our teeny baby on that screen and hearing the heartbeat is such an overwhelming and amazing experience.  We both teared up and couldn't stop smiling. We have wanted this for so long and now it was really real. Below is a picture of our little babe at just 8 weeks :)  The sweet ultrasound technician wrote Happy Mother's Day on the ultrasound photo for us, which I thought was such a sweet touch :)  

8 weeks :)
Excited Daddy!! :)

That night David surprised me with tickets to the Indianapolis Symphony. I grew up going to the symphony with my grandparents, so I was super excited! We started the night off with dinner at Mesh on Mass Ave. and then we headed to the show!


We had a great evening!

Saturday rolled around and the surprises kept coming from my sweet husband. Saturday was a long day for me. I had several photography sessions downtown.  I usually look forward to all my sessions but battling nausea and exhaustion while shooting is tough to do, especially in the heat.  I drove home that night exhausted and ready to relax. When I got home and walked in the door I was greeted with sparkling apple cider (poured in our wedding champagne flutes), beautiful roses, and my favorite candy!  He had also made my favorite pasta dish from Magiannos, Rigatoni D!  He had googled the recipe and made it from scratch...and boy was it amazing! He had started a fire and lit candles out on our deck and we enjoyed a nice little romantic evening together talking about all things baby :)







My hubby's yummy version of Rigatoni D!

Sparkling Apple Cider :)

We ended the night with these yummy chocolate covered strawberries!  David is always so thoughtful and made this such a special "first" Mother's Day weekend for me.

We then spent Mother's Day with our families! This was the day that we told our parents that they were going to be grandparents!!! We told our parents with custom frames that had the ultrasound photo inside :) This is the first grandchild on both sides so to say they are excited is an understatement! Seeing their reactions was priceless. We also secretly filmed telling our parents as well so be sure to look out for the announcement video on the blog :)


The video of us telling all of our loved ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment